Monday, August 19, 2013

Healthy Cookie




Gluten-free and Sugar-free Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup xylitol or splenda (I use xylitol (xyla), it's better and safer than splenda)
    1/4 vegetable oil 
    (this serves as an egg substitute for toddlers allergic to eggs. I actually did mine with flaxseed + 3 tbsp water though my son has no problem with eggs, it just happened that I didn't have eggs left in the pantry.) 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-free pancake mix
  • Add-ons: (optionall) chocolate chips, walnuts or almonds, about 1/2 cup each for the whole batter

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream butter and xylitol.
  3. Add oil and vanilla, then beat together.
    Add pancake mix and mix thoroughly.
  4. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts (I actually cut 1/4 of batter to add chocolate chips and nuts for me, but for my son I made it plain for him)
  5. Scoop 1/2 tbsp of dough for the little ones or 1 tbsp of dough for the bigger ones on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
    Flatten with a spatula.
    Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
    Let cookies cool slightly and eat or you can transfer it in a sealed container once cooled.
Hope you like this recipe and please do let me know if you ever tried this one. Thanks and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment