Friday, September 5, 2014

Baby's Gender (My 2nd Pregnancy)

When I've learned that I'm pregnant again with a baby boy I honestly felt sad. I was hoping and praying for a baby girl, because I know for sure that I could express myself more to a daughter. Having a son isn't bad, in fact my 1st child is very malambing (very sweet) and I love him so much for that. It's just that having another son isn't as exciting as before unless if it is a girl. There'll be not much of a preparation needed anymore besides the name and the new arrangement of the room to set up the crib again.



After a day or 2 I felt okay na and realized that God prioritizes our needs more than our wants (Psalms 4:19). I just cannot question His sovereignty. He knows what's really the best for us and maybe He saw the true desire of my heart (Psalms 20:4); which isn't really about wanting to have a daughter but to help us prepare with our finances. I'm not saying that having a daughter is magastos (although c'mon we all agree naman it's really magastos but it still depends on how we treat or spoil a child I think) but to have yet another son we won't be spending much anymore because good thing I kept all the old stuff that my 1st son had and they're all as good as new. Also the transition to a bigger family wouldn't be as easy as we think especially preparing our panganay (1st child) to school by next year.

Whatever the gender is, having yet another baby is still a blessing from the Lord. We're even blessed that the baby inside is normal with a complete limbs and facial features. I also thank the Lord that I'm now safe from placenta previa, meaning I will be having a normal delivery again.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment