Saturday, March 16, 2013

Josh's Natal Day

It's my dearest Josh's Birthday! God has blessed him with another year to live. I don't know what are the things he's thankful for, the only thing I know for sure is that he is (always) grateful for having his family around - Jabin his son, his parents, his nephews, his sister (though she's in FL with her husband), my family, specially my parents, and me, of course.

Having a family is such a blessing. Lalo na if the family is loving, supportive, and thoughtful.

With Josh and I, we're blessed to have God as the center of our marriage and family. Through prayers and bible studies we are always reminded to be grateful for all the things we have.

So today, we celebrated Josh's birthday through the help of our family.


First, we had lunch with my family. Josh wanted seafood, though he is allergic to it. He wanted sweet sour fish, kilawin tanigue, and garlic buttered shrimp. So Josh and I went to AANI Weekend Market at Taguig and enjoyed buying fresh organic vegetables. T'was crazy too, seeing fish and shrimps jumping around; we were on the wet side of the market scouting for Lapu Lapu and shrimps. We weren't able to buy tanigue for kilawin though, because we were in a hurry to get home for Jabin. 


My mom prepared Escabeche (sweet sour fish) while I prepared Garlic Buttered Shrimp.



We also had some Pork BBQ that we bought from AANI as additional viand, as well as Vegetable Salad in Caesar/Thousand Island Dressing and Fresh Mangoes for appetizer and dessert.

 
And of course... Birthday cake for the celebrant!

Double Chocolate Cake that I bought from S&R
Baked some Red Velvet Cupcakes too, some of which we brought to his parents.
 
At his parents, we celebrated his birthday during merienda time and it already served as our dinner because it was a heavy snack. We ordered pizza from Shakey's, fried chicken from KFC with coleslaw and macaroni salad, pancit bihon cooked by his mom for long life (Filipino you know!) and lumpia.

No comments:

Post a Comment