Saturday, March 30, 2013

It takes a man and a woman...

Oh yes! The title means: the movie of Sarah G. and John Lloyd Cruz, but this is not a review of that movie. Perhaps it's about my man and me..


Both of us were busy in our lives. He's busy with his work and I'm busy being a mother and a wife. I'm so focused with him and most importantly with our child that sometimes I forget me. In few days now, Josh we'll be deployed again. He'll be far away from us again for a month. I'm not really anticipating on any plans he has for us before he leave since I'm preoccupied with Jabin's upcoming first birthday in June and the business I'm putting up with my sister.

Earlier this Black Saturday morning my husband left early and went to work while me, I just did my routine: clean the room, eat, prepare Jabin's meal, wash the bottles and the dishes, bake etc. Unaware of the time my husband was home already. Just about in time when I finished my Chocolate Revel Bar. He then surprisingly told me to change clothes because we're going out.

Surprised and tired with all the chores I didn't complain neither did I choose to stay and rest. I know I got to finish my Egg Pops (egg-shaped cake pops) for tomorrow for the kids and for everyone, but my priority is my husband. The last time we had a movie night alone was the Les Miserables movie last January. I know it was just 2 months ago but that was already long for us. Movie night when we were single until we get married was our bonding and alone time together. We both just couldn't afford to take another month before we have movie night again. Also, because he's a fan of Sarah G. (though he doesn't admit this.. ssshh! hehe) and we've seen both the past movies of this sequel 'It Takes a Man and a Woman' I got to watch this for him and for us.

The movie was about giving in and not giving up. It's about what you can offer to the other without any condition. The best line I've heard was the part when Miggy (John Lloyd) said his vows; some part that I remember was (correct me if I'm wrong) "I'm not gonna say any vows because today is not about a day of promises but a day of complete surrender..." Though the words sound so promising 'complete surrender' for me is more of what you can be than what you can do. It's giving in to the things you know you can't do. Just like in that movie Miggy gave in to Laida because he know and he can't be the best guy without her same as with Laida admitting she couldn't move on with the past because of loving Miggy too much that he was and has been part of her life. It does takes a man and a woman to work things out. Be in that complete surrender with the man or the woman you love just to be with them and showing how they mean to you; may it be your time, your strength, or even your ego. That is why I still chose to be with my man even if it means draining all my energy because of things needs to be done when we get home.

Photo credit to elysplanet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment