Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Pasta Amore

Pasta Amore
Sunday at my parents house, no one prepared lunch, even the helper forgot about it. I was busy preparing Jabin’s food for the week: vegetable stock and broccoli and carrot purée, then I realized it was past our lunchtime. So I made this recipe. I was thinking of something like chicken pesto with cheese for merienda, but I saw everyone was already hungry though no one was complaining about it but my stomach. Glad that I had already prepared all the ingredients I needed, except for black olives (didn’t have it around) and pesto sauce, I didn’t have time to make this so I used chopped fresh basil instead.

Ingredients:
  • 250g Del Monte Tomato and cheese Pasta Sauce
  • 250g Pasta Amore
  • 2 chicken breast fillet
  • 1 cup yellow or green sweet pepper
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • (Optional) fresh basil, chopped/pesto sauce
  • (Optional) salt
  • (Optional) pepper
  • (optional) garlic powder
  • (Optional) black olives
  • (Optional) grated parmesan cheese
Procedure:
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
  2. Meanwhile, season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper, if desired.
  3. Cook chicken, sweet pepper and onion in oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
  4. Add pasta sauce; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add olives and fresh basil, if desired.
  5. Toss with hot pasta. Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment